Rocket Building Approvals

Rocket Building Approvals

The next generation of building certifiers


At RocketBA we are a Gold coast private certification company that provides building certification and approvals Specialising in residential projects for custom builders and designers. If you work in the Gold Coast construction scene; chances are you already know Georgi & Matt. They each have 13 years in the industry and have been working together in certification since 2015. In 2019 they decided to take their combined experience and open a Certification company with a young and fresh approach. Having expanded to a team of 5, Rocket BA are disrupting the certification space by providing efficient, transparent service.

Why our Customers Choose

Rocket Building Approvals


We understand that in our industry; time is money. If you prefer to have the mobile number of the busines owner instead of having to leave a message with reception, we’re the certifiers for you.

We don’t just send emails!

You can visit our office in Mermaid Beach to discuss your potential projects and any potential compliance issues.

Educating the industry!

Rocket BA regular host information events hosted by industry professionals. Builders, Engineers, Building Designers and even other Certifiers attend these events.


With Town Planners and Building Designers working in the same Building, Our Mermaid Beach Office is a one stop shop.

Rocket Building Approvals

The next generation of building certifiers

At RocketBA we are a Gold Coast Private Certification Company that provides building certification and approvals, specialising in residential projects for custom builders and designers.

New Homes

Bushfire Assessments

Carports/Patios and Pergolas

Town Planning (RAA) Lodgments

Pre-purchase Building Code Compliance Assessments

Driveway VXO Lodgments

Build over Infrastructure Lodgments

Energy Efficiency Reports

Duplexes and Multiple Units

Plumbing Applications


Swimming Pools



Need an



We have used RocketBA since they started operating, and use them for all building approvals, Matt and Georgi are the best in the business!!. They have an answer for everything and think outside the square to get the job done.

Dan Hollis - Business Owner

Matt and Georgi were a breeze to deal with. Simplifying all the information provided to me making the process so much easier to understand. Georgi actually saved us thousands in future renovations so I can't thank her enough. Will 100% use this company again.

Matt Higgs - Home Owner

Georgi was completely helpful, pleasant and easy to deal with. Wonderful presentation and made us feel very comfortable

Louisa Marie - Home Owner

Frequently Asked Questions

Our team are experienced professionals, on hand to help with all of your residential building approvals.


Private certifiers inspect and approve building work to ensure it complies with the approved building plans and appropriate building standards including the Planning Act 2017, the Building Code of Australia, Building Act 1975 and specific building legislation.

Building certifiers do not:

- Project manage or supervise trades or builders.
- Ensure a builder is complying with their contract
- Quality Control and disputes.
- Cannot certify or approve work with which they are personally involved as a builder or designer, or from which they are able to gain a profit


Under the Queensland legislation some minor building work is considered accepted development. Some local government planning schemes may require building approval. If the work is accepted development, the owner is responsible for ensuring the work complies with applicable standards, including structural sufficiency, size limits and boundary setbacks.

When do I need a Building Approval?

A building approval is generally required  when the scope of works are more than the below:

  • A garden shed up to 2.4 metres high (2.1 metres mean height), 10m2, 5.0 metres long and not located in the front or waterfront setback areas,
  • A fence not more than 2.0 metres high.
    • Swimming pool fencing needs approval for new work regardless of the height
    • Waterfront areas and corner lots also have special rules,
  • A one metre high retaining wall (if no loads are imposed above it, such as a building or driveway),
  • Deck up to 1.0 metre high and 10m2 when not located in any required setback area.
  • Roofed patio up to 2.4 metres high (2.1 metres mean height), 10m2, 5.0 metres long when not located in any required setback area.

If you're not sure if you require a building approval, Send us an email or give us a call.

Can Council make you pull down a structure?

Yes, If you have been issued a show cause notice from Council and after a period of time and you don't provide a building approval or its unable to obtain a building approval, Council will require the structure to be removed.