Rocket Building Approvals

Rocket Building Approvals SUNSHINE COAST

Our Services


If you want trusted accreditors than look no further than RocketBA. We are a Gold Coast & Sunshine Coast private certification company with a young and fresh approach. Our qualified team has extensive experience and a high degree of technical knowledge in the building industry. We certify approvals for residential building projects for builders & designers. RocketBA has shaken the certification space up on both the GC & SC by providing an efficient and transparent service helping keep your building costs down. Our team are experienced professionals are on hand to help with all of your residential building approvals.

At Rocket ‘We Certify’

New Homes & Secondary Dwellings

Whether you are building a modest home or an architecturally designed home, we can provide guidance and assurance that your property will be reviewed against all relevant planning and building codes to ensure a long lasting safe home for your family.


This can be a great way to expand or upgrade your existing property with additional value. We specialize in this niche area as renovations can be tricky with juggling existing and new compliance guidelines.

Swimming Pools

Swimming Pools approvals are surrounded by a lot of compliance issues. Seeking a professional certifier for your new pool or spa is essential. In most cases renovating your existing Pool Barrier will also require approval. With a highly regarded Pool Safety Inspector included in the Rocket Team, we can make sure your pool barrier is safe.

Duplexes and Multiple Units

Duplexes and town houses developments normally require town planning development approval from the relevant Council prior to a building approval. We recommend when planning these developments to speak with us to advise how to get on the front foot prior to the council application as this will save time down the road.

Carports/Patios and Pergolas

Queenslanders love entertaining at home with the 300 days of sunshine per year! Adding a carport, patio, deck or pergola can provide shade, privacy and value to your existing property. Our certifiers can provide advise and guidance on the planning approval and building codes to ensure these structures stand the test


Whether you are storing your prized race car, your ride on mower or your jet skis, We can help you approve the shed of your dreams and keep your toys out of the elements.


Did you know that removing a dwelling or decommissioning a dwelling requires a building approval? You can save up to 50% on certification fees by getting your approval directly through Rocket BA.

 Here at RocketBA ‘We Facilitate’ 

At RocketBA we guide you through the process smoothly and will continue to do so for our numerous customers across Gold & Sunshine Coasts, Brisbane & QLD that choose Rocket Building Approvals.

Energy Efficiency Reports

New homes and most renovations will require an Energy Efficiency Assessment to be undertaken to ensure the works comply with the State Government energy requirements (star rating). Rocket BA can facilitate this service for you. Let our friendly team know if you would like for us to include the Energy Efficiency Assessment in your quote.

Bushfire Assessments

When building in a rural area or near vegetation the site may be within a Bushfire Hazard Area as designated by the Local Authority (Council). If your property falls within a Bushfire Hazard Area Rocket BA can facilitate the required bushfire report to ascertain any additional construction requirements needed to protect your home. additional construction protection.

Pre-purchase Building Code Compliance Assessments

Buying a new house and unsure if the home is compliant? We can provide a building code compliance assessment prior to purchase. Enquire for this service.

Plumbing Applications

New homes and some renovations require Plumbing Applications to be submitted to the Local Authority (Council) prior to construction. Rocket BA can facilitate your Plumbing Application so the plumber can get on with the job.

Driveway VXO Lodgments

New or refurbished Driveways that Cross councils nature strip/verge; a VXO (Vehicle Cross Over) application will be required. Rocket Ba can lodge this application for you.

Build over Infrastructure Lodgments

Are you building a new structure and unsure where the sewer or infrastructure is? RocketBA can provide guidance and advise on relevant infrastructure and compliance.

Town Planning (RAA) Lodgments

It can be tricky to navigate through the red tape of Council. We can provide guidance on when and how to reduce the need for town planning.

Need an



We have used RocketBA since they started operating, and use them for all building approvals, Matt and Georgi are the best in the business!!. They have an answer for everything and think outside the square to get the job done.

Dan Hollis - Business Owner

Matt and Georgi were a breeze to deal with. Simplifying all the information provided to me making the process so much easier to understand. Georgi actually saved us thousands in future renovations so I can't thank her enough. Will 100% use this company again.

Matt Higgs - Home Owner

Georgi was completely helpful, pleasant and easy to deal with. Wonderful presentation and made us feel very comfortable

Louisa Marie - Home Owner

Frequently Asked Questions

Our team are experienced professionals, on hand to help with all of your residential building approvals.


Private certifiers inspect and approve building work to ensure it complies with the approved building plans and appropriate building standards including the Planning Act 2017, the Building Code of Australia, Building Act 1975 and specific building legislation.

Building certifiers do not:

- Project manage or supervise trades or builders.
- Ensure a builder is complying with their contract
- Quality Control and disputes.
- Cannot certify or approve work with which they are personally involved as a builder or designer, or from which they are able to gain a profit


Under the Queensland legislation some minor building work is considered accepted development. Some local government planning schemes may require building approval. If the work is accepted development, the owner is responsible for ensuring the work complies with applicable standards, including structural sufficiency, size limits and boundary setbacks.

When do I need a Building Approval?

A building approval is generally required  when the scope of works are more than the below:

  • A garden shed up to 2.4 metres high (2.1 metres mean height), 10m2, 5.0 metres long and not located in the front or waterfront setback areas,
  • A fence not more than 2.0 metres high.
    • Swimming pool fencing needs approval for new work regardless of the height
    • Waterfront areas and corner lots also have special rules,
  • A one metre high retaining wall (if no loads are imposed above it, such as a building or driveway),
  • Deck up to 1.0 metre high and 10m2 when not located in any required setback area.
  • Roofed patio up to 2.4 metres high (2.1 metres mean height), 10m2, 5.0 metres long when not located in any required setback area.

If you're not sure if you require a building approval, Send us an email or give us a call.

Can Council make you pull down a structure?

Yes, If you have been issued a show cause notice from Council and after a period of time and you don't provide a building approval or its unable to obtain a building approval, Council will require the structure to be removed.